- Use Xbox to charge
- Hold butons to get it to restart, then unplug.
Nothing seemed to work, so I, being upset that it wouldnt turn on, decided to take it apart.
Bright huh? I got it apart, and disconnected te 2 wires (carfully!!!) from the back to the main board.
I fiddled with it for a while and decided to put it back together and sell it as broken, well what do you know, when put back together, everything works, battery has been running for hours with no problems!!
For those of you that need step by step:
- CAREFULLY open ipod
- disconnect 2 cables from back case (battery) to man board
- leave disconnected for 15-20 minutes
- reconnect (harder than it sounds, because one of the cables connects under the HDD
- put back together (will display error on screen)
- Plug into iTunes and restore software
Hope this works for you!